If you lodge your business activity statement (BAS) quarterly, your next statement is due on 28 February.
Here are our latest tips to help you complete your BAS.
- Lodge and pay online. It's quick, easy and secure, and you may receive an extra 2 weeks to lodge and pay.
- You’ll receive notifications to help you get it right and avoid mistakes before you lodge.
- Fuel tax credit rates changed from 1 February 2023. Use the fuel tax credit calculator to correctly calculate your claim.
- Lodge online via Online services for individuals and sole traders (accessed through myGov], Online services for business or Standard Business Reporting-enabled software.
- You can pay your BAS with BPAY or a credit/debit card. You can also pay securely online using our Online services.
- Even if you have nothing to report, you still need to lodge your BAS as 'nil'.
- If you lodge online, you don't need to send us the paper form.
- If you're unable to lodge or pay on time, engage with us early to discuss your options.
Remember, you can lodge your BAS through a registered tax or BAS agent.
For more information visit www.ato.gov.au